Terms and Conditions
READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“TERMS”) GOVERN BOTH (A) PURCHASES BY YOU (the “Customer” and sometimes also referred to as “you,” “your,” or “user” herein) from Renovo Design, llc. (“Renovo” and sometimes also referred to as “us,” “we” or “our” herein) via use of www.renovobikes.com, or the websites of any Renovo affiliates and/or authorized Renovo retailers that are linked to the foregoing websites (each a “Website”) (references herein to “this Website” shall mean and apply to each and every aforementioned Website), as well as (B) your USE OF THIS WEBSITE EVEN IF YOU DO NOT MAKE ANY PURCHASE.
IF YOU USE THIS WEBSITE AND, IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE “SECTION A” TERMS (AND ANY TERMS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE).
DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE, ONLINE SERVICES, OR MOBILE APPLICATION IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS.
Terms applicable to users making website purchases. Terms apply specifically to all users making purchases on this Website.
- TERMS GOVERNING ALL ORDERS. These Terms apply to any and all purchases made by you from Renovo via this Website. If you place an order with Renovo it means you have read and expressly agree, consent to, and accept these Terms. You must be 18 years or older to make a purchase on this Website. These Terms apply to all sales of bicycles, clothing, and any and all other goods and products offered on this Website (collectively, “Products”). These Terms cannot be altered, other than in writing and signed by an Officer of Renovo. In the event of any inconsistency or conflict between these Terms and any provision in any Customer-submitted order or writing, in any other document writing, or any oral arrangement in connection with an order of any Product, these Terms shall govern and control (and any inconsistent provisions shall be void). Renovo reserves the right to change or modify these Terms at any time in its sole discretion. Notice of any such changes to these Terms will be provided by Renovo by posting a notification on this Website or updating the date referenced at the top of the revised Terms or as otherwise deemed appropriate by Renovo. Renovo’s right to require strict observance and performance of each of these Terms shall not be reduced, vitiated, or otherwise affected by any current or past waiver of any of these Terms (or by any previous course of dealing).
- ORDERS AND ACCEPTANCE. When a Customer places an order on this Website, such order will not be deemed accepted by Renovo unless and until an order acknowledgment is sent to the Customer via email by Renovo (“Order Confirmation”). Orders accepted by Renovo may not be cancelled by Customer without Renovo’s express written consent, which Renovo may withhold in its sole discretion. All orders are subject to the availability of the ordered Product. Renovo reserves the right to impose quantity limits on any order, to reject all or part of an order, and to discontinue products or services without notice, even if you have already placed your order. Also, even if an order has been accepted, Renovo may subsequently cancel such order in whole or in part due to Product availability (including without limitation, any discontinuation of the Product), price change, if the incorrect Product price was displayed on this Website, or as otherwise determined by Renovo in its sole discretion. Customer will be notified of any order cancellation and any amounts Customer has paid to Renovo in respect of such order shall be refunded to Customer as set forth in the “Payment” paragraph of these Terms.
- PRICES AND TAXES. All prices on this Website are shown in United States dollars. All prices are subject to change without notice, and exclude Taxes (as defined below), shipping and handling charges. The prices quoted for the Products sold via this Website do not include any federal, state or local sales, use, value-added, excise, gross receipts or any similar transaction or consumption taxes, tariffs, duties or other charges imposed on or measured by the use or sale of Products (collectively, “Taxes”). You shall be responsible and pay for, and reimburse Renovo if it pays, any such Taxes (except for income Taxes imposed on Renovo). If Renovo is required by any governmental authority or agency to collect and pay any Taxes on Customer’s behalf, Renovo may invoice Customer for such amounts including any interest or penalty assessed thereon. Products displayed on this Website may be also available at a Renovo authorized retailer in our dealership network (each an “Authorized Renovo Dealer”); however, prices displayed for such Products on this Website may vary from advertised promotional prices available at an Authorized Renovo Dealer.
- Payment. All orders must be paid in full prior to shipment. Renovo accepts all major credit cards, such as MasterCard, Visa, and American Express, and debit cards. Payment information is submitted by Customer upon the placement of any order, and acceptance, fulfillment and shipping of the order by Renovo is subject to verification of payment information and availability of funds. Only valid credit or debit cards acceptable to us may be used and all refunds will be credited to the same card used in the purchase. By submitting your order, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to use the designated credit or debit card and authorize us to charge your order (including Taxes, shipping, handling and any other amounts described on this Website) to that credit or debit card. If the credit or debit card cannot be verified, is invalid, or is not otherwise acceptable, your order may be suspended or cancelled automatically.
- Website Errors. We do not warrant that any Product, description, photograph, pricing or other information on this Website is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. In the event of an error, whether on this Website, in an Order Confirmation, in processing an order, delivering a Product or otherwise, we reserve the right to correct such error and revise your order accordingly if necessary (including charging the correct Product purchase price) or to cancel the order and refund any amount charged. Your sole remedy in the event of such error is to cancel your order and obtain a refund.
- Agreement to Conduct Transactions Electronically; Recording; Copies. You agree that all of your transactions with or through this Website may, at our option, be conducted electronically from start to finish, and that any oral conversations may be recorded. If we decide to proceed non-electronically, those transactions will still be governed by the remainder of these Terms unless you enter into different written terms provided by us. You are responsible to print or make an electronic a copy of these Terms and any other contract or disclosure that we are required to provide to you.
Shipping & Handling; Delivery and Risk of Loss. All Products purchased on this Website can only be shipped to a valid street address (i.e., we do not deliver to P.O. Boxes, Army Post Office (APO) and Fleet Post Office (FPO)) within the contiguous 48 states of the United States (which excludes Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and all other foreign countries) to (a) you directly (to the domestic/deliver-to address indicated in your order) or (b) an Authorized Renovo Dealer of your choosing. Although Renovo is authorized to make shipping arrangements on Customer’s behalf, Customer is solely responsible for all shipping and handling charges which are displayed on this Website when an order is placed. All Products are shipped via standard ground delivery (i.e., no provisions for expedited freight). Title and risk of loss or damage to the ordered Product shall pass to Customer at the time the Product is delivered to Customer (whether shipped directly to Customer or whether shipped to an Authorized Renovo Dealer). Shipping times shown on this Website are good faith estimates only, and actual delivery dates may vary. Renovo will use commercially reasonable efforts to fill Customer’s orders within the timeframe stated on this Website but in no event shall Renovo be liable for any damages associated with Renovo’s inability to meet any such timeframes.
- Pick-Up at Authorized Renovo Dealer. If any of the Product is shipped to an Authorized Renovo Dealer for Customer to pick-up, Renovo will notify Customer via email when the Product is available for pick-up at the Authorized Renovo Dealer. Customer agrees to pick-up the Product at the Authorized Renovo Dealer within 3 calendar days following receipt of the email notice, and if Customer is unable to pick-up the Product purchased within such 3 calendar days, Customer will contact the Authorized Renovo Dealer using the details in the Order Confirmation. At the time of Product pick-up, Customer agrees to present to the Authorized Renovo Dealer, the Order Confirmation and a government issued identification card (such a valid driver’s license or passport). Date of receipt of a complete bicycle from Authorized Dealer shall constitute the beginning of the 3-day Ride Satisfaction Period as set forth on the Ride Satisfaction Program Page of this website. Customer’s failure to pick-up the Product or contact the Authorized Renovo Dealer within 14 calendar days of Renovo’s initial delivery notification may result in Renovo charging Customer a 10% fee for collection, storage, and/or restocking. If Customer fails to pick-up the Product after 14 calendar days, the order shall be cancelled and Renovo will refund any amounts Customer has paid in respect of such Product (less the any applicable shipping, handling and restocking charges).
- Returns. Unless otherwise indicated on this Website as a “nonreturnable” item, within 3 days following delivery, a Customer may return a Product for a full refund of the purchase price (not including initial shipping and handling charges) plus any applicable Tax, so long as any such Product is in new, unused and undamaged condition, with original packaging, and the original price and information tag(s) have not been removed, and subject to the following:
- Complete Bicycles Only: Customer may return a bicycle for a full refund of the purchase price (not including shipping and handling charges,) so long as any such bicycle is undamaged, to Renovo Hardwood Bicycles, 2005 SE 8th Ave Portland OR 97214. Customer should first call 503-231-4888 to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (which Customer will then include with the returned Product)
Products (Other Than Complete Bicycles): Customer is responsible for arranging all return shipping to Renovo at: Renovo Hardwood Bicycles, 2005 SE 8th Ave Portland OR 97214. Customer should first call 503-231-4888 to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (which Customer will then include with the returned Product)
- Product Changes. From time to time and without notice, Renovo reserves the right to make any changes it deems necessary or desirable, including but not limited to changes related to design, specifications, manufacturing or production of its Products. Renovo may furnish suitable substitute Products or components for Products or components which are unobtainable by Renovo because of any priorities, rules, regulations or the like established by governmental authorities or agencies, or due to price changes or the non-availability of materials or components from suppliers.
- Not for Resale. Customer agrees and represents that Customer is buying the Product(s) for Customer’s own use and not for resale.
- Reservation. Renovo reserves the right to refuse to sell Products to anyone for any reason, in its sole discretion.
- Warranty; Exclusive Remedy. Subject to the following limitations, terms, and conditions, Renovo warrants to the original purchaser (and only the original purchaser) of each purchased Product as follows:
- Bicycles ONLY.
Warranties. The following warranties apply only to bicycles and framesets purchased new from, and assembled by, an Authorized Renovo Dealer:
Lifetime Warranty. Renovo warrants the frame of each new bicycle and frameset (excepting mountain bicycles) to be free from defects in material and workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the bicycle. This limited warranty is non-transferable.
5-year Warranty. Renovo warrants the frame of each new mountain bicycle and frameset to be free from defects in material and workmanship to the original purchaser for a period of five (5) years. This limited warranty is non-transferable.
Limited Warranty. Paint finish and all other original components, and all repair parts, replacement parts, and accessories, are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the original date of purchase. Any repaired or replaced part will remain subject to the warranty for the remaining portion of the original warranty term, but will have no warranty coverage whatsoever beyond expiration of such original warranty term. This limited warranty shall automatically expire on the one (1) year anniversary of the date of purchase.
Limited Remedy. Unless otherwise provided, the sole remedy under the above warranty, or any implied warranty, is limited to the replacement of defective parts with those of equal or greater value at the sole discretion of Renovo. You will be responsible for labor costs associated with warranty replacements. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT SPECIFICALLY PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL RENOVO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR DIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR ECONOMIC LOSSES, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER THEORY.
Exclusions. THE ABOVE WARRANTY, OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY, DOES NOT COVER NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR. ALL WARRANTIES ARE VOID IF THE BICYCLE IS MODIFIED FROM ITS ORIGINAL CONDITION OR THE BICYCLE IS USED FOR OTHER THAN NORMAL ACTIVITIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FAILING TO FOLLOW THE OWNER’S MANUAL OR USING THE BICYCLE FOR COMMERCIAL ACTIVITIES OR IN COMPETITIVE EVENTS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO BICYCLE RACING, BICYCLE MOTORCROSS RACING, STUNT RIDING, RAMP JUMPING OR SIMILAR ACTIVITIES, AND TRAINING FOR SUCH ACTIVITIES OR EVENTS. RENOVO MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. Except to the extent specifically prohibited by law, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THAT OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTIES STATED ABOVE.
Other Products. Any Product (other than a bicycle) determined by Renovo to be defective in materials or workmanship within one (1) year from the date of original retail purchase will be repaired or replaced (with the same or a similar item, as determined by Renovo), at the sole discretion of Renovo, free of charge when received at the factory, freight prepaid, together with proof of purchase from the original owner. Any repaired or replaced Product will remain subject to the warranty for the remaining portion of the original warranty term, but will have no warranty coverage whatsoever beyond expiration of such original warranty term. This limited warranty shall automatically expire on the one (1) year anniversary of the date of purchase. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY, DOES NOT COVER NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS VOID IN ITS ENTIRETY IF THE PRODUCT IS MODIFIED AFTER SALE TO CUSTOMER. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS NON-TRANSFERABLE. THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED TO THE SAME DURATION AS THIS EXPRESS WARRANTY. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT SPECIFICALLY PROHIBITED BY LAW, Renovo SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT SPECIFICALLY PROHIBITED BY LAW, THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER ANYTHING RESULTING FROM MISUSE, ABUSE, NEGLECT, ALTERATION, FAILURE TO PERFORM MAINTENANCE AS INSTRUCTED OR UNAUTHORIZED REPAIR OR SERVICE. This warranty does not cover any representation or warranty made by Authorized Renovo Dealers beyond the provisions of this warranty. You must establish proof of purchase to obtain warranty service or replacement.
- Exercising Your Rights Under the Warranties. In order to exercise rights under any applicable warranty in this Paragraph 13, Customer must (i) contact Renovo within the applicable warranty period and file a warranty claim (and obtain a return authorization number) and (ii) return the affected Product to Renovo with such return authorization number and proof of purchase (original invoice or credit card statement) within fifteen (15) days of the date upon which Customer made its warranty claim to Renovo. Customer is responsible for arranging and paying all return shipping expenses to Renovo at 2005 SE 8th Ave Portland OR 97214.
- Right to Modify; Warranty Process. Renovo reserves the right to modify this limited warranty at any time, in its sole discretion. Renovo reserves the right to require additional identification, proof of purchase, or additional verifiable information to help Renovo locate Customer’s purchase of the Product in its records. If Customer does not comply with any of the above conditions, Renovo reserves the right to refuse the return or exchange, or to impose different or additional conditions, including (without limitation) using the current sales price of the returned Product. Within 30 days following the return to Renovo of the allegedly defective Product (pursuant to a warranty claim that complies with the foregoing requirements of this Paragraph 13) Renovo will inspect any such returned Product. If Renovo determines that the Product is in compliance with the applicable warranty, it will so notify the Customer and no further action will be taken. Alternatively, if Renovo determines that the Product is not in compliance with the applicable warranty, it will so notify Customer (and repair or replace, as applicable).
- DISCLAIMER OF OTHER WARRANTIES. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH in this PARAGRAPH 13 and except to the extent specifically prohibited by law, Renovo DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED on all products, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Renovo makes no other express warranties and the warranties set forth in this Paragraph 13 supersede any prior representations and understandings regarding the Products, including any warranty arising from course of dealing, course of performance, or usage of trade.